RPCN builds mutual-benefit relationships with other
organizations. The relationships are called:
- “Alliances” when RPCN has some type of
formal agreement with an Alliance Partner.
- ”Friends of RPCN” when the relationship
RPCN Alliances Strategic Objectives:
Objectives apply to both Alliances and Friends of RPCN).
- Increase Networking, Learning, and Business
Opportunities for RPCN
- Expand Volunteering Opportunities for RPCN members to showcase their skills while providing value to
- Increase RPCN Membership through association with Alliance Partners &
They refer people to RPCN, and become sources of new RPCN Members).
- Provide Opportunities to increase RPCN’s:
- Community influence
- Collaboration with other organizations
- Raise the Visibility, Image, and Reputation
of RPCN as an “organization
of value” to:
- Startup & Practicing Consultants (and
people exploring Consulting as a career).
Alliance Committee Responsibilities:
- People/organizations seeking help from consultants.
- Influential community organizations.
- Facilitate formation of
new relationships, both
Formal “Alliances” and less-formal “Friends”. (Encourage and respond to
Alliance suggestions from RPCN members, and from outside RPCN).
- Monitor and maintain
current RPCN relationships. Keep Alliances updated and active.
- Maintain a list of RPCN Alliances (including key contacts in RPCN).
Current RPCN Alliances (Including RPCN contact person):
- Eastman Business Park: (Sandra Glanton)
members provide articles for the Business Park Blog
-Business Park resident companies gain
knowledge to improve their business.
-RPCN members are recognized for their
- Fairport Chamber of Commerce: (Bob Manard)
-RPCN is a member of Fairport Chamber.
-Chamber events offer networking
opportunities for RPCN members.
- Global Leadership Summit: (David Powe)
-RPCN members help plan & volunteer at
annual Summit Conference in Rochester.
-Conference Discounts for RPCN members.
- University of Rochester Simon School: (Dave Bassett)
provides mentors for UR “Simon Vision” student consulting project teams. -Student Teams become better able to solve
problems for actual companies outside of UR
-RPCN members expand their networks and get
expertise mentoring younger professionals.
has provided mentoring for Pathstone’s business clients who acquire loans from
Pathstone. (The Pathstone alliance is currently inactive due to their personnel
changes. David Powe is working with the new Pathstone director to renew this