By Neil Palumbo
QUESTION: Can the Windows 10 Icon Be Removed from the Task Tray?
ANSWER: Yes it can. It can be removed or uninstalled. The preference is to uninstall it.
1) Go to Windows Update.
2) Read where to Uninstall Updates.
3) Look for this (as below):
4) WRITE DOWN the KB Update Number!
5) Then uninstall the update.
6) Reboot your computer.
7) Open Windows Update again. Look for the KB number you wrote down.
8) Put you pointer on the line with the KB number, left click once to highlight. Then right click on the KB to hide the update. Then manually search for new updates to see that the update is no longer there.
9) YOU NEED TO READ EVERYTHING THAT IS IN FRONT OF YOU AS YOU PROCEED.
10) This is NOT an automated program to do this in one click.
11) This procedure has been tested by over 450 people with Windows 7/8/8.1.